Legacy Giving Programs
How you can help
- As individuals age, COC find itself often self-funding the extra staff and services older individuals need.
- As people choose to live in smaller home settings, COC provides financial support to these locations, which are not adequately funded by mental health dollars. The nearly 100 people on the COC waiting list are anxiously interested in securing a housing alternative with COC.
- As COC reaches out to those still living with their families to offer staff support, fundraising dollars are partially supporting the endeavor.
- COC financially augments staff wages, benefits and training allowance, above that provided by our mental health system to secure and maintain quality personnel.
Please consider including Community Opportunity Center in your estate plan. Your investment in COC will strengthen the corporation's ability to go over and above while also offering hope and encouragement to many.
Benefits of giving through your estate plan
- Perpetuate your values. Your will or trust allows you to create a legacy that reflects the values you hold dear.
- Retain control of your assets during your lifetime. You can modify your bequest if your circumstances change.
- Take advantage of tax laws that help preserve your estate assets. A well designed plan can result in your estate paying less taxes, allowing you to leave more for your beneficiaries.
Ways to give through your estate plan
You can name Community Opportunity Center as a beneficiary of specific assets, or a portion of your estate or of your residual estate. The following assets provide an easy and tax-efficient way to make a bequest and offer flexibility for modification, if circumstances change:
- Retirement Plan
- such as an IRA, 401(K), or 403(b)
- Life insurance policy
- Financial accounts
- such as a bank or brokerage account or a certificate of deposit (CD).
Help us Plan
If your plans already include a gift for Community Opportunity Center, we would love to hear from you. Please send us the gift form.
For more information on how to perpetuate your values and leave a lasting gift to Community Opportunity Center, please contact either our Executive Director or Controller.
Phone: (734) 422-1020
Mail: 14147 Farmington Road
Livonia, MI 48154